Wednesday 16 August 2017

Grudge



"I found a Light Beetle last night."

"Oh, cool."

"It was cute and wriggly."

"Butterflies are nicer."

"Yeah. I like them all though. Aria's scared of bugs, would you believe it?"



"Pff. Bugs aren't scary."

"Especially spiders. There was a really big one that crawled under the table and she got up and climbed over it because she didn't wanna put her feet down."

"What a baby."



"Hey guys, guess what I did?"

"What?"

"Farted. Into a fan!"



"What's so good about that?"

"It was in Dad's office. The smell blew round the whole room and he ran out."



"Hehe, okay, that's funny."

"Did you get into trouble?"

"Yeah, he yelled, but I don't care."



"Well, yesterday I got into trouble too. We were shopping and she was trying on some jeans and it was really boring so I opened the curtain and shouted 'It's the mummy show!' and everyone saw her in her pants."

"Hahaha!"

"It was those really small lacy ones too."



"My Mum has some of those. Oh, yeah, we had a sleepover last night. Just me and her."

"It's not a sleepover in your own house."

"But she wasn't in her bed, Feli. She went on the sofa with a quilt so I joined her to stop her being lonely."



"Why wasn't she in her bed?"

"Dunno. I think she had another fight with Dad."

"Oh... do they fight a lot?"

"Yeah. Isn't that what all mums and dads do?"

"No idea. I don't have a dad."



"Heath and Ellis don't fight."

"Maybe it's because they're both men. I don't see why anybody would wanna marry a girl anyway."

"Pff, like you boys are any better!"



"I don't think it matters. Both boys and girls can be good and bad."

"You're too nice, Vin."







"How are you doing?"

"It's painful, and I'm still feeling quite weak. But I'll be okay. Don't you worry about me."

"I hate what he's done to you."



"I'm not particularly happy myself. Who knew Edward Farrington was going to grow a spine... And the vampirism completely took me off guard."

"I had no idea about it. So I've been wondering... what are we going to do now?"

"Wait until I get better."

"Then we'll get him back?"



"...As annoying as it may be, I don't think retaliating against him is a good idea."

"Why not?! He fucking broke into here and put you in the hospital! You could've died! He can't get away with that!"

"Hazel... he was retaliating against me. I don't want to admit it, but he was justified. I would have done the exact same thing. For now, we're even."



"It's not right."

"There are too many ways in which it could backfire. At some point, I'd like to try to see Aria again. Ellis and Saraya, too. Hurting Edward won't put me in their good books. "

"Fine."



"However, you needn't think Tate is getting off lightly."

"And his other kids?"

"They're fair game."

"Great. So can I do what I want to them?"



"Be subtle, and don't get into trouble."



"Noted..."

No comments:

Post a Comment