Wednesday 16 August 2017

Sudden teleportation



"Never a dull moment in your family, Jesus."

"And it's taken you five years to work that out, eh?"

"Nah. It's why I was wary of you lot in the first place."

"Was I worth it in the end?"



"Oh yeah. You're always worth it. And I wasn't exactly giving up much..."

"She is your mum though. That can't have been easy."

"...Look, you know how I feel. You never liked your mum either."

"No, I'm afraid she wasn't very nice at all..."



"Ditto mine. She... she takes drugs, El. Not that I want her arresting or anything."

"No, I wouldn't do that. It's not that simple anyway. I'm still really sorry to hear that, Heath."

"It's fine."

"Who knows, maybe one day we'll get a break."

"Miles might have got the hint now?"



"I hope so. Once he's recovered, I suspect he'll carry on with Tate like before, but he should leave Edward alone now."

"Better do. Poor guy's done nothing wrong."

"See, Miles had plenty of reason to go after Olivia, and he never did. So that's either due to some sort of sexist notion of not attacking women, which I doubt, or it's her vampirism. Meaning that he might be reluctant to try Edward again. Sure, he could still use Hazel..."



"That's a big step for her though."

"Yeah. She sounds nasty enough to do it, but attacking your school counsellor?"

"Good point... So what about the rest of us...?"

"We're safe, Heath. He told Aria he'd never hurt flesh and blood, and so far that's been the case. I'm guessing he's got some kind of exemption for family, and sadly I'm biologically related to him. Anyway, enough of Miles. It's depressing."



"Sorry. Oi, maybe we should spend some quality time together. Get someone to babysit Nix. We haven't been out in ages."

"You're right. Bless her, she's a lovely little soul but babies tend to take over your entire life."

"I'm not complaining! She's adorable. When she smiled at me yesterday, I think my heart just went and melted."



"Look how fucking soppy she's made me. I used to be cool."

"Really?"

"Haha, piss off."

"It's okay, I was never cool. Spent too much time nerding out over computers and video games for that."

"That is cool though."



"Not as cool as you. You're the lead singer of a band. Gorgeous too."





"What the-!"

"Stop feeding his ego, El."

"Where the hell did you come from?!"



"Sheri's vagina. Urgh, I shouldn't have said that actually, I've just gone and grossed myself out..."

"Oh God! You know what I meant!"

"I teleported. Through meditation."



"Why are you so calm about this? Have you done it before?"

"Sure. I thought I'd get good at it before showing you."



"Fuck me, you scared the shit out of us. And what do you mean, feed my ego? I don't have an ego."

"Heath, you and Stanley are fighting for the winner of the biggest poser competition. On social media, your cover photo used to be a picture of your barely covered ass. Am I right, or am I right?"

"...Sure, but that doesn't mean anything."

"BS."



"So does this mean you'll be surprising us like this often?"

"Jesus, Aria, don't teleport into our room without notice."

"Yeah, I don't need any more trauma, thank you very much."



"Just be careful not to scare Edward, okay? You know how jumpy he is."

"Good point. Okay, I'll bear that in mind."

"Great. Other than that... congratulations! That's a damn impressive skill to have."

"Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment