Friday 14 July 2017

Interesting new classmates


“So when I was on the phone to Tristan last night, he said that Zeus has gone and dyed some of his hair blue!”

Blue? Oh, heavens, I can only imagine how Tate reacted.”

“He was pretty angry, apparently. Just another thing in a long line of arguments they've had...”

“Do you think he's deliberately rebelling against his father?”

“Partly. Of course, Zeus is Zeus. He's always been a bit on the hippy side. I don't get the issue, really... I guess it's just Grandad being a dick as usual.”


“Charon!”

“Sorry, Edward.”

“I don't disagree with the sentiment! Just the language. Be glad I'm not your dad.”

“Yeah, he still doesn't like me swearing...”


“That Heath is a bad influence.”

“He's cool, though.”

“I must admit, I do like him. He's a good person at his core. Oh, the triplets are over there.”


“Hey Charon! Hey Uncle Edward!”


“Hi Carmella! Whoa, Zeus, that looks pretty good!”

“Thanks! I like it.”

“I'm going to have to go set up. I'll see you later, you know where I am if you need me.”

“Okay, see ya, Edward!”


“So, how are you?”

“Alright. It's just...school, you know?”

“Yeah, I get you. So many things I'd rather be doing.”

“And the early starts, oh god. Can we talk about something else? This is depressing.”


“Yeah, sure- hang on, isn't that Horse Girl over there?!”




“So it is. What's she doing here?”

“No idea Zeus, but I've got to find out. This could be juicy.”


“Oh, it's you four. Hello.”

“Hi, Hor- Renee. How are you?”

“Fine enough, I suppose-”


“Why are you here instead of boarding school? What happened?”

“Tristan, where are your manners?”

“Do we have to talk about that?”

“Sure do. You made enough of a fuss about going there, after all.”


“Fine. The fact of the matter is, I was expelled.”


Expelled?! Hahahaha! I can't believe it!”

“I didn't do anything wrong, okay?!”

“Yeah, right! They don't just expel people for no reason!”

“Well, this time they did! There was...an incident.”

“Go on.”


“I got into an argument with another girl... she suddenly freaked out, and burned down the science lab. She got expelled too. But her father was a contributor to the school, and it just so happened he'd given even more money than my father... He demanded I got punished too, so here I bloody am! Such a pain, moving the horses back home...”

“She burned it down? With what, a lighter?”


“Hellfire and fury, actually.”

“What the-”


“Aaaaaaaaagh! It's her, it's actually her! What the hell is she doing here?!”

“Wonderful. We both came to the same school.”

“But why?! I thought you lived in Midnight Hollow?”


“Dad's doing... It's no issue if you can teleport.”



“Who...who and what are you?”

“Hazel Atwood, half demon. Are you a Farrington?”

“Yes? The four of us, we all are...”


“Good to know. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to locate my new form room.”

"What the...hey, wait!"


“What just happened...?”

No comments:

Post a Comment