Sunday 28 April 2019

Nyla's past



‘Hey, Roza… I don’t want to sound too demanding, especially when you’re pregnant, but… Is Nyla definitely safe?’

‘Yes, of course she is. I’m doing my best.’

‘I know you are. But you’ve got a lot on your plate too, and this whole thing with Austin being in Sunset Valley has me worried.’



‘Nyla got a restraining order against the prick. Stanley is living here so he can protect her. And if I see him try anything, I will rip his dick off myself.’

‘Always the genital mutilation, huh?’

‘Yes. Why not? The whole reason we brought her here in the first place was to get away from him. If I can’t do that, I have failed.’




‘Oh Roza, it’s a nightmare.’

‘Why? What’s wrong?’

‘It’s Nyla. She’s pregnant.’



‘Oh, shit… With that prick’s baby?’

‘Yep. Christ… I don’t want to sound awful, but this isn’t good news.’

‘I don’t disagree, not when she’s having a baby with him. I know it myself. Babies don’t improve abusive relationships. Is she keeping it?’




‘Yeah, she wants to.’

‘If that’s what she really wants… There is no shame in having an abortion.’

‘I know. She says she’s really going to leave him this time. I pray to God she does. I’ve seen this play out before, Roza. Women having babies with violent men, the babies getting taken away and given to me once the abuse is noticed and reported… Then the kids go back to their mums, and the mums get sucked back into that relationship. Or the kids don’t go back at all. It’s all a mess.’



‘Then she needs to stay away from him, permanently. What if we get my sister to help? She knows how to put an end to this kind of thing.’

‘…That sounds ominous, hon.’

‘Yeah… it is.’



‘…I can’t see Nyla being on board with that. I don’t even know if I am. Much as I’d like to inflict great pain on that man, threatening him hasn’t helped so far, and doing worse than that… isn’t a line I’d like to cross.’

‘That is fair. In that case, what if I help her? She should not stay in Bridgeport.’

‘You’re right. I don’t want to bundle her off somewhere else while she’s pregnant, but if she isn’t here, he can’t worm his way back in again.’



‘Exactly. Let’s bring her to Sunset Valley, with me. I can give her a job. Just a driving job, nothing that will get her into trouble.’

‘Are you sure? That really sounds like a perfect solution, if we can pull it off.’

‘Ask her what she thinks. I know, it’s scary to move to a whole new place, but I could watch over her.’



‘Thank you so much. I hope she agrees.’



‘I hope I didn’t sound too cruel… I’ll support her 100% in having this baby. I’m sure she’ll be a great mum. I just don’t want Austin anywhere near either of them.’

‘Of course. You’re not a cruel person, Lib. You just want to save her from any more pain.’

‘Yeah, and God only knows how much that fucker’s put her through over the past few years.’



‘Well, it ends now.’




‘Roza, you’ve done a great job for the past nine years. I just thought we were rid of that asshole for good. Why is he here, anyway?’

‘Horrible coincidence, I think. Seth told me Austin had a friend already in the gang.’

‘…And what’s this Seth like, anyway?’



‘Oh, he’s fine. We’re technically enemies, but we go back a long way.’

‘I suppose it’s good to have one friend in the gang, if only to keep tabs on Austin.’

‘Oh yes. Seth has been on our side ever since we explained the situation to him. He has a special hatred for woman beaters, just like I do.’



‘I’m glad. So… are you sure you’re doing okay?’

‘You fuss too much, Liberty. Honestly. I’m fine.’

‘But the situation with Nari can’t be easy. Do you still want to kill him?’



‘Who said I wanted to kill him?’

‘Nyla said you made a few threats.’

‘You know what I’m like. I’m not going to literally hurt or injure him. He’d probably enjoy it, anyway.’



‘…What?’

‘He is one of the kinkiest men I’ve ever-’

‘Okay, you know what? You can stop there. I don’t need to hear any more.’



‘Sorry. But no, I’ll get over it. We need to co-parent. He seems keen to be a good father.’

‘That’s good to hear.’

No comments:

Post a Comment