Monday 7 October 2019

The second phase













‘Where the fuck am I?!’



‘It doesn’t matter. You’re not going back yet.’

‘You? What’re you doing here?’

‘It’s time you answered for everything you’ve done.’




‘I haven’t done shit!’

‘If I hadn’t turned up, you would’ve hurt my son. Don’t lie to me, Austin, I know that’s what you were there for. I know my dad sent you after him.’

‘Then take it up with him! I was just following orders.’



‘Bullshit, you had a choice whether or not to take that job. Besides, you weren’t “following orders” when you put Fran Everett in the hospital. Nor were you “following orders” when you assaulted Jude Landry. Beating the vulnerable is just your thing, isn’t it?’

‘None of your fucking business.’ 

‘You’re just a common thug, Austin Donovan. A violent bully. You only pick on people you think won’t fight back. You think you’re such a tough guy, but I bet you’d cower at the sight of someone bigger and stronger than you.’



‘And what about you? Getting this girl to do your dirty work? You’re not tough either. Is this your idea of revenge?’

‘Hey, I’m not anyone’s thug for hire.’



‘I just hate pricks like you.’





‘Hey, Austin, that isn’t the “gotcha” you think it is. Are you saying you want me to beat the shit out of you? Because I will.’

‘Fuck you!’


‘Oi, cunt, you’re getting off lucky. Using my fists is the least I can do. I’m a fucking demon. If I wanted, I could roast you alive. Want me to prove it?’

‘You could give him a little demonstration.’

‘Great idea. Just let me take my gloves off.’



‘Shit, shit okay! You don’t need to prove it! D-Don’t set me on fire, holy fuck!’

‘Go near any other innocent people, bitch, and I’ll burn your balls off.’

I won’t! I fucking swear!’


‘You’d better.’

‘Please, can you just take me back now?’


‘No. I’m not done with you.’

‘I’m sorry, okay? I won’t even look at your son again!’

‘It doesn’t matter if you do it again or not. It’s the fact that you did it in the first place.’















‘Okay, good. We need him to look messed up.’

‘Do you think we’ve succeeded?’

‘He’s looking pretty fucked up, yeah. There’s room to do more, if you want. Depends what you’ve got left.’

‘I think… I’ve made my point. I’m finished now.’



‘I think this’ll get the point across.’

‘Yeah. Thanks for the help. He can find his own way back.’


‘Are you kidding me? I’m barefoot!’


‘It’s still Sunset Valley. It won’t take that long. Maybe you can call one of your gang friends, huh?’

‘See you later, wankstain.’




 ‘Hello, Tate.’


‘What…? What the hell are you two doing here?’


‘There’s something you need to see, Tate.’


‘…What the fuck is this?’

‘Your “friend” and I, we had words. Well, more than words, as you can see. Because I know you were the one who sent him after Charon, and don’t even try to deny it.’

‘…Your “son” tried to kill me, are you forgetting that?’


‘You set Saraya’s house on fire!’

Keep your fucking voice down! You know those photos were fake, right?’

‘Bullshit were they fake.’


‘The police certainly seemed to think so.’

‘It doesn’t matter what they say. You bought them off years ago, they’re as corrupt as you are.’

‘If that really is the case, why are you still there? You’re willingly part of this “corrupt” force. That makes you just as bad as anyone.’

‘No it doesn’t-’


‘Don’t get drawn in. He’s just trying to distract you and deflect the blame from himself. Anyone with a brain can see you’re a much better person than he is.’


‘Since when did you two work together? Siding with Hazel, after what she’s done to your loved ones? You’re now the ally of the girl who stood by and allowed her father to torture your brother? Do you think Tristan would be okay with that?’

‘Shut up! Tristan doesn’t even talk to you any more! You’ve no right to speak on his behalf!’

‘I’m just saying, the lengths you’ll go to to get one up on me… Now you’re violently attacking people just to get back at me. You disgust me, Ellis.’


‘Oh, drop dead. You disgust every single one of us.’


‘I did this to make a point to you, Tate. Look, I’m as sick of this conflict as you are. None of us want to keep on fighting you like this. You just make it impossible.’

‘Isn’t that what you lot would call “victim blaming”?’

‘You have to be a victim for it to be victim blaming.’


‘I reiterate, your son tried to kill me.’

‘And you sent Austin after him, so I went after Austin in return. But this has to end somewhere, so I’m telling you that this has to be it.’

‘Why the hell should it be?’


‘Because if you don’t, we’ll do the same to you, but worse. We’re stronger than you in a group. We’re all together on this. I know you’ve got Abraxas and your gang allies, but we have the Mafia, and you’ve been on the receiving end of that before. I don’t think you want that again.’

‘…You have no right coming here, threatening me like this.’

‘I’m asking for a truce. You leave us alone, we’ll leave you alone. By “us” I mean me and our family. I can’t speak for Miles, he’s his own thing… Working with Hazel today doesn’t change that.’


‘But it’d be one less thing for you to worry about.’


‘How can I trust you?’

‘Just think about it. What are either of us gaining from this? Hazel’s right, you won’t have to worry about it any more.’


‘…Fine. If you’re absolutely sincere, fine.’

‘Good. That’s all I wanted to hear, Tate.’

‘Now get out of my office. I’m sick of the sight of you.’


‘Right, that’ll be everything.’

‘Great. I’m glad we could come to a conclusion.’






‘Thanks for that, Hazel.’

‘You’re welcome. Are you okay?’

‘Yeah. You can tell I’m not used to that, can’t you?’


‘Definitely. You seem too nice to hurt anyone. Good job standing up to him, anyway.’

‘It had to be done.’

‘I’ll leave you to it, anyway. I’m just going to go straight home, as we agreed.’

‘Okay. See you around, then.’

4 comments:

  1. Lmao git gud Austin.
    Ellis snapped!! Please bandage your hands.
    Let's hope this truce lasts! I'm still wary of Tate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. > I'm still wary of Tate.

      A pretty reasonable way to feel, IMO!

      But fuck yeah Ellis, you done good.

      Delete
    2. Bandages would've been a good idea... that's a tricky piece of CC that doesn't like being recoloured. You'll see in the next post. Either way, guy's clearly not used to beating the crap out of people so, ouch.

      Tate is not at all trustworthy but hey, let's hold out hope for some peace. (Thanks for commenting!)

      Delete
  2. Yass! Austin got pummeled, and Tate's at least a little scared.

    ReplyDelete