Monday 5 April 2021

Heartbreak

Warning: biphobia. 



‘You’re dumping me? But… why?’



‘I just… I can’t be with you. Not any more.’

‘…Is this because I told you I’m bi?’

‘I’m sorry. But it just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t wanna have to compete with boys.’



‘But you wouldn’t be! I’m still monogamous! It’s not like I’d cheat on you or anything!’

‘But how would I know if I’m enough to satisfy you? You can’t deny other boys have things I don’t.’

‘That’d be the same with anyone! That’s like saying if someone likes blondes, they couldn’t ever be with a brunette because they’ll always be pining after a blonde!’



‘No, it’s not. It’s not the same thing. There’s a big difference between hair colour and whether you have a dick or not.’



‘…But I don’t need someone with a dick if I have you. I don’t want that, either.’

‘It’s already ruined, Heath. I’m sorry. But it’s put me off you. I won’t be able to get that out of my head.’

‘I can’t help who I am.’



‘I know. You should find someone who doesn’t mind.’

‘Yeah, and how likely is that?’

‘Find another bi person? I dunno. But you have to accept most normal people aren’t gonna be okay with it. I’m not being unreasonable here. Most girls don’t wanna imagine their guy fucking a dude.’



‘Stop imagining it, then. Stop fixating on the idea of me fucking a dude, when I’m still a virgin! You act like I’m constantly fantasising about other people, when all I said was that I’m attracted to men too.’

‘We’re done, Heath.’

‘…Yep, I got that much.’



‘Look, don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone else.’

‘Thanks, I guess.’

‘I’ve got to go.’



Later...



‘Hi, love. Oh, are you alright?’



‘Not really… Is Logan in?’

‘Yeah, he’s in his room. What’s the matter, honey?’

‘Oh, just a bad day… I got dumped.’



‘Aww. I’m really sorry to hear that. Go on upstairs, he’ll look after you.’

‘Thanks, Maria.’



*knock knock knock*

‘Come in.’



‘Oh, Heath! I thought you were spending the night with Lisa.’

‘She just dumped me.’



‘Oh man. Why?’

‘Because I’m bi.’

‘What the fuck? She really said that?’



‘Yeah. I told her the other day. She said then she was fine, but obviously not…’

‘Jeez, what the hell? That’s ridiculous.’

‘She said she doesn’t wanna compete with boys. She said other girls wouldn’t wanna think about me fucking a man.’



‘Then… don’t think about it?’

‘That’s what I said! She made me feel disgusting. Like there’s something wrong with me!’

‘Fuck that, man. There’s nothing wrong with you. Loads of people are bi. Loads of people wouldn’t care, either. I wouldn’t care if a girl was bi. Hell, it’d probably help…’



‘What do I do now?’

‘Try to forget about her. I know it sucks, but she’s obviously not the girl for you. You’ve got me to help you get through it.’

‘Thanks… Back to the drawing board, huh?’



‘It’s okay. Don’t take what she said to heart. She’s wrong. There’s a ton of people out there who won’t care.’

‘I told her I only want one person at a time. She wasn’t “competing” with anyone! I just wanted her!

‘It’s because people get funny over men liking men. They think if a man wants a dick once, they’re obviously gay forever and could never be satisfied with a woman. They don’t get that it doesn’t work like that.’



‘People are so stupid.’

‘Tell me about it. I really wish people like us weren’t considered weird.’

‘For real… Why’s it got to be a gamble when you tell someone? Running the risk of people looking at you like you’ve got two heads because you’re different?’



‘Yeah. At least Saraya and Ivy don’t mind.’

‘I’m glad they were cool about it.’

‘…I wonder if they’d be cool about me. Because no offence, but it’s a bit of a different thing to sexuality.’



‘No, it’s fine. I know. It’s even less understood than being gay or bi. But… I think they’d be fine. I really don’t see a bigot in either of them, at all. Saraya’s got an alien nephew. She’s used to people being different.’

‘Yeah, you’re probably right… I do wanna tell 'em both.’

‘I’d be right behind you if you did.’



‘Thanks. I’m just nervous about the idea. I’ve never told anyone who didn’t know me before. It’ll come as a shock.’

‘Aye, it will. But those two are good people.’

‘Well, I'm not gonna rush anything yet. Gotta work up the courage.’

*knock knock*

‘Come in.’



‘Hello, boys. I just got you some sweets. I figured Heath could use some cheering up.’



‘Awww, thanks. You didn’t have to.’

‘I don’t want to see you sad, honey. And you’re practically one of the family. Bad girlfriends are temporary, but we’ll always be here for you.’



‘It’s true. I’m sure we couldn’t get rid of you even if we tried!’

‘You’re right, you couldn’t.’

No comments:

Post a Comment