Thursday 10 August 2017

A man with a plan



"It is true that you came to me as a baby, and it is true that Uncle Tate is the one who made you... but that doesn't change a thing. You see, a person's true parents are the ones who love them, and look after them. I know there's only one of me, but I would never let you down or leave you wanting for more."

"Okay..."

"You were adopted by me. There's plenty of people who adopt children, for many reasons. It doesn't mean they love them any less. Hey, Saraya will do that in the future. She will adopt a baby or a child, and she will be their mother, nobody else. Anyone can make a baby, but not everyone is prepared to stand by them or give them what they need. And I promise you, I will never give you away because I am proud to have adopted you and to be your father."

"Does that mean I can stay here with you?"

"Of course! You're going nowhere. This is your home, here with me. And Ellis, and Charon, and Heath and Nix."



"What happened...?"



"...Miles was here. He told him everything."



"Oh God!"

"So it's not exactly been a good day."

"Not for me either..."

"What's up, Charon?"



"Oh, I don't wanna add to your stress..."

"No, if it's important, we want to know."

"It's just...Hazel. She told us a load of horrible things today... about you. And what Grandad did to you."



"....Oh, I see."

"That's why I didn't wanna say... because it's upsetting. And she told us about Vincent too..."

"They planned this out..."



"Erm... hey, Vincent. It's okay to be upset and shocked by what you heard, but it doesn't mean a thing, okay? Edward's always gonna be your dad. Hell, look at me, I'm not even the same species as my dad, but he's the one who raised me. Think about all the nice things Edward does for you. He cooks you nice food, takes you to nice places, buys you toys and gives you all the hugs in the world. Nobody else gets to do that for you. You're lucky that you got such a nice dad."

"I know..."

"Tate's a big butthole anyway. Come with me. I reckon I might be able to find some ice cream in the freezer."

"Oooh, okay."



"That'll be nice, won't it? You go with Charon. I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay... Love you, Dad."

"I love you too."





"Oh dear... what a day for you."

"As well as being upset... I'm fucking fuming, Ellis. What right does he have to talk to Vincent and make him cry? He's really crossed the line this time."



"He's a sick bastard. Charon's known for a while that he's the one who hurt you, but he didn't know about Tate's involvement."

"And now they all do. Because there's no doubt she told the triplets too. Great."

"I'm really sorry."



"So my sixteen year old niece and nephews know all the details about the worst day of my life. They know that their father is an irredeemable monster and he's the reason I look this disgusting."

"Oh, you shouldn't say that about yourself..."

"Why not? It's true. I'm undateable. And he's the only reason I even have Vincent. The best thing in my life. I'm not even responsible for my own son..."



"Edward, you've given Vincent a much better life than Tate ever would have. We spent our childhoods wishing you'd come take us off him."

"And I would have."

"We love you. All of us. That includes the triplets."

"I don't want them pitying me, although I certainly am pitiful... "



"Anyway, enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of being the Goddamn victim. Miles is going to pay for what he did."

"What are you going to do?!"

"I'm going to go over there and teach him a lesson. Get revenge for everything. Make sure he never goes near us ever again. That's it. He's got away with it all for far too long..."



"What?! No, you can't, he's far too dangerous-"

"I know how dangerous he is. I won't go unprepared. I'll make myself stronger, make it so that he has no chance of beating me. I'm going to hurt him."



"You're doing this on emotion, you're not thinking properly-"

"Damn right I am. If I let go of this anger, I'll be too scared to go through with it. So I'm going now, while I'm determined."



"Edward, please! We can't lose you again! What about Vincent?"

"Oh Ellis, I'll make it back in one piece. You all need me too much for me to be gone."

"I'm asking you not to do it."



"And I can't accept your request. I'm sorry. Look, I'll get a potion and give myself powers. He's just a human. If I become a supernatural, he won't overpower me again."

"You haven't thought this through at all..."

"I know. It'll be okay. I promise."

"Let me go with you..."

"Not a chance, you need to stay here and look after Nix."



"Okay, if your mind is really made up... goodbye, then."



"I'll see you soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment