Friday 18 August 2017

Nix



"So. My last day of freedom."

"I kinda wish you didn't have to go back to work. I'm gonna miss having you around during the day."

"I know. But the criminals of Sunset Valley aren't going to be caught by themselves."



"The ones you're allowed to arrest, anyway."

"Sadly. Aww, look at her. Isn't she sweet?"



"As always. Hey, do you think I'll be okay with her on my own?"

"What? Of course you will! You're a great dad."



"Thanks. I guess I'm just a bit nervous about it."

"She's lucky. I just hope I don't miss her first words or steps while I'm not here."

"If you do, I'll try to record it. She's getting close now."



"...If her first word is something rude-"

"It won't be!"

"I'll blame you one hundred percent."

"Ahh, it'll probably be 'Daddy'."

"For your sake, it'd better be."





"Hello."

"Hi, make yourself at home."

"I...I'm not staying long. I just wanted to apologise for my behaviour at the wedding."

"Oh, you've got nothing to apologise for."



"It was completely inappropriate. You went to see your son get married, not jumped on by some weird woman."

"I still did that! It was ten minutes out of a whole day. It's not like I missed anything. Hell, he probably wanted the time to his new wife. Nobody wants to hang around their mum on their wedding night."

"Even so..."

"It's okay, Roxxi. Unless you regret it, which I completely understand."



"I don't exactly regret it. I just feel ashamed of myself."

"It's okay if you'd like to forget about it. I'm not going to chase after you if you feel like it's wrong."



"You're still being far too nice... I don't deserve it."

"Nope. You've just been conditioned to accept being treated badly."

"That's true. Anyway. I don't want to stop seeing you. But I just wonder what you'll get out of it."



"A lovely lady?"

"Aww, thanks. But we'd still have to keep it a secret. If Tate found out..."

"Very good point... Look, I don't make a habit of dating married women. In fact, I said I'd never do it. You're different though. It's not a real marriage at all. And he bloody deserves to be cheated on."

"I guess. There's another thing, though. I'm leaving..."



"Really? Congratulations!"

"Thanks. But I'd be going far away. So I don't think there's much point in you bothering with me if I'm not sticking around."

"It's entirely your choice. I'm happy to keep contact by phone or with the internet. If you want to just go slowly, then we can easily do that."



"If you don't mind."

"Not at all. I feel like we get along well."

"Me too. I want to see you more. Get to know you properly."



"Come here... You just look after yourself and do what needs to be done. I know your kids come first. But whenever you need a friend..."

"Just friends? I'd definitely be up for repeating that kiss..."

"Me too, if you like."



"I do."

"Then you're welcome here whenever you want..."

No comments:

Post a Comment