Wednesday 20 September 2017

Christmas contemplations


"So this'll be our last Christmas here in Sunset Valley, huh?"



"Looks like it. I'm glad things went well with Mum anyway. Good one, Zeus!"

"Thanks. See, it's not all bad after all."



"Where do we wanna move anyway? Far away, obviously."



"Oh yeah, we get to choose! Hmm... Somewhere with nice weather all year round! Definitely somewhere with a beach."

"Good idea. It's one of the nice things about this place."



"Somewhere with little pollution."

"Oh, of course that's your concern."

"Hey, nobody wants to choke to death on toxic emissions!"



"But Julius is still coming with us."

"Hahaha, that is a very good point. Let's think... I don't wanna go to the middle of nowhere, but a high rise city would be a bit much too."

"Rules out Bridgeport, then."

"That, and Dad's from there, so it'd be a stupid idea..."

"Yeah...Oooh, what about Isla Paradiso?"



"Isn't that more of a holiday destination?"

"Sure, but people live there too. Our family's from there! Wouldn't that make sense? Besides, we've earned a break. Let's make it somewhere luxurious. Relaxing in paradise!"

"...I can't really argue with that."



"Me neither. Hang on, that was the door. I think Dad's back."



"I'll go see."



"Hello, Father."

"Hello, Tristan."

"You look tired. Are you okay?"



"Exasperated. Someone's gone and pissed on my statue, would you believe it?"

"...Really? That's crazy... Any idea who?"

"A group, by the look of it. That's all I know. I have my suspicions... Fuck it, I'm going for a lie down."



"See you later."




"Oh man, it was a riot. You shoulda been there."

"I would have gone, but I don't have a penis."



"Yeah, I think I learned that before."

"That's true..."

"Anyway, Aria ain't got one either but we got her this tube thing. You'll have to try it next time."

"There'll be a next time? Awesome."



"I can think of a lotta people who'd love to give it a go."

"Me too. Well, if I could find someone to watch Feli, I would."

"Take her along?"



"Pff, no. I don't think it'd be quality parenting from me to show her how to deface public property."

"Probably not. Anyway... what're you doin' this Christmas anyway?"

"Same as every year. Just me and her."



"Course... I'm expected to go to my ma's."

"Expected?"

"Yeah, man. She'd be pretty pissed if me or Portia didn't show up."

"Is she a bit... overbearing?"

"Oh God, you have no idea. And I just know I'm gonna get the third degree over bein' single and childless. Every fuckin' time."

"I guess you tell her to stop?"

"Sure I do. But she never listens."

"Shame it'd cause problems, otherwise I might invite you here."



"Yeah... wait, you serious?"

"Of course I am! It gets lonely. I love Feli, but she's literally my only family. Once she's gone to bed, I can stay up a few more hours and have a couple of drinks to myself. Woo."

"Then retire with a battery-operated friend?"



"Oh, you're awful! But... yeah."

"Heh, sounds like you need me after all."

"Really? And what's that meant to mean?"

"Don't mind me. I'm still bein' crude."



"I got that... Maybe I don't mind."

"You reckon I oughta risk World War Three and keep you company, then?"

"If you like. But only if that means your mother won't track me down and yell at me for keeping her baby boy away from Christmas dinner."



"...It's a real possibility, I gotta admit."

"Oh shit..."

"It's okay. I'll keep her off your back. But I definitely have to go on Boxing Day."

"Of course, that's fine. Family's important."



"Damn right. Friends are too though."

"Aww, good."



"Thanks. You're a good one."

"You too..."

No comments:

Post a Comment