Wednesday 20 September 2017

Christmas coupling



"Hey, Ma. Merry Christmas."



"Oh, you remembered me then."

"'Course I did!"

"I would have thought you were too busy with your new friend."



"But I've known her years. C'mon, she would've been on her own. It ain't in the festive spirit to leave someone out!"



"And what about us, Stanley? Leaving out your whole family! We wanted to see you. We've always done Christmas together. But today there's an empty seat at the table!"



"Jeez, it's just one day! I'm comin' tomorrow, ain't I? Look, Ma, I can't be attached to the apron strings forever. One day I'll have a girlfriend, like you want, and sometimes we might want it to ourselves-"



"You just want what you want! You're so selfish! Well, I hope you're happy. Because you've ruined Christmas!"



"...I don't need to hear this."



"That's right, you go back to whoever this...this tart is!"



"...Goodbye."



"...Did that not go well?"

"Fuckin' disaster."

"I'm really sorry."



"Ain't your fault. She's crazy, Nyla. Hates it whenever I put my foot down."

"Are you okay?"

"Sure. Don't worry, I've had a really nice day so far. C'mon, let's go sit down."



"Me too. I really appreciate your company, Stan."

"Good. So..."

"So."

"What's Feli doing?"



"Oh, she's in her element. Loving all her gifts."

"Good shit. I remember bein' her age. I got all sorts. I was a little fucker though, I once pulled the head off one of Portia's dolls."

"Aww, poor Portia! You asshole."

"It's okay. Makes up for the time she tried to sell me."



"...She tried to sell you?"

"Oh yeah. Set up a stall outside our house and put a sign round my neck sayin' 'LITTLE BROTHER FOR SALE'. I was cryin' when our parents found us."



"Sorry, that's hilarious."

"Yeah, thought you'd get a kick outta that."

"You know I love you really."



"Oh, good. Heh, is that why you put up mistletoe?"

"Haha... I just thought I'd get into the spirit of things."



"No kissin' then? Helps out the less fortunate. I mean, even Heath managed to get kissed under mistletoe."

"Oh, you."

"For real! It's how he got with Ellis."

"Aww, that's sweet. "



"Yeah, it is. Anyway... sorry, it's okay. Didn't wanna sound like I was pressurin' you. I mean, you probably couldn't think of anythin' worse, right? Forget it-"



"Hey. I never said I didn't want to..."

"Oh, really...?"






"I knew she fancied you!"



"Felicia!"

"Oh shit! Uh, hey, kid."



"Seriously! I heard her talking to Julius' mum. She said you were cute."

"Oh, Feli... you shouldn't listen to other people's conversations."

"But you did say it, Mum!"



"She did, huh?"

"Yup! Oh yeah, Stanley, guess what?"

"What?"



"Mum has a heart on her butt!"



"Wow, nice..."

"Oh my God... Hey, don't you want to go back to your new ponies?"



"They're sleeping. So is Stanley your new boyfriend then?"

"Uh, I think so...?"

"Hell yeah I am. C'mere, Nyla."



"You've no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"Aww. Well, I've liked you for ages."

"I'm really glad to hear it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment