Wednesday 16 August 2017

Conflicted



"Oh! Roxxi... I didn't expect it to be you."

"Can I talk to you?"

"Does his Lordship permit it?"



"He doesn't know I'm here. And to be honest, even if he did, I don't really care about getting his permission any more."

"I see... well, come in. We can talk in private."



"So...what did you want to talk about?"

"I won't keep you long. I just wanted to let you know... I got a letter from the man that's been harrassing Tate."

"Oh..."

"Miles."

"What did it say?"

"He told me about Vincent. He had photo proof..."



".....Oh God!"

"Sorry... it's been a bit of a shock."

"No, I'm sorry... I really should have told you, but he made threats, and..."

"It's okay. I get it. I... he's really fucked us both about, hasn't he?"



"He's a vile man."

"Anyway. Vincent's your kid, despite everything. I'm not here to question that, don't worry."

"Thank you, Roxxi. Are you okay?"

"Not really. Just holding it together for the kids."

"You're brave, you know."



"No, I'm not. I've been such an idiot. I mean, I know me and him were never really a couple, but for him to do such a thing... I just thought he might have a bit more respect for me. I carried his children, pretty much brought Julius up singlehandedly because he couldn't care less- sorry, you don't want to hear this."

"It's fine. It's not as if you're going to destroy my good image of him."



"Haha, no... Still. It's depressing."

"I imagine being married to someone like him is depressing, yes."

"How did he get that way, Edward? Was he always like that?"

"Not as bad. Years ago, we got on... well enough, I would say. He was never exactly kind, but he could be okay. Over the years, he got worse. Colder. His lack of morals is very disturbing..."

"Yeah, I've seen that."



"Tate isn't particularly sadistic, but he's almost emotionless at times. Except for anger; he always has time for that. And I don't think he loves anybody but himself.  He really is a narcissist to the highest degree."

"I think he does love Tristan. He's the golden child. But the others: forget it. From being about ten or so, his behaviour towards Zeus got nastier and nastier. I feel awful about it."

"The poor boy must have low self-esteem by this point."



"Yeah... I try my best to boost him up. But he's firmly and stubbornly himself, which I love about him."

"Me too. I see your children often at school, and they're lovely. Thanks to you."



"Aww, thanks... I appreciate that."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know."



"Did you bring it up with Tate?"

"Oh, yes. It didn't go well."

"What happened?"

"...I don't really want to talk about it."



"Okay then. Listen. It's impossible to get along with Tate when he's being this horrible, which these days is most of the time. He's going to make those children miserable, as well as yourself. Roxxi, you need to leave."

"And how can I do that?"

"Get your things, wait until he isn't around then flee. Go far away."

"It'll disrupt their lives. What about Tristan's work?"

"What about their happiness? And yours?"



"I don't care about mine. But I know, it can't go on like this. All I want is for them to be happy. I'd better be getting off now."



"We can work this out. Why don't you come visit again? I want to help you."



"You're so nice. Thank you..."



"Oh! No problem..."

No comments:

Post a Comment