Thursday 10 August 2017

Eyes finally open



"Vincent, darling, what's the matter?"

"Nobody wants me!"

"That's not true! I want you; I always have! Where would you get that idea?"



"The man said you're not my real dad!"



"...What man?"

"He was here... he knew my name, and he said he knows you!"



“Come here... Are you sure? What did he look like?”

"He had brown hair. He said his name is Miles...”



“...Oh..........Let's sit down.”





“Okay, Vin, listen to me. I love you more than anything. This man, he's a bad man, and he was just trying to cause trouble.”

“But he showed me pictures of Uncle Tate at our house, with a baby, but the baby was me and he's my real dad! Is he?"

"N-no... Sweetheart, Uncle Tate is not your dad. I am. I always have been, and I always will be."



"Do you really love me and want me?"

"I promise I do."

---



“We need to talk.”

“Can it not wait? It's been a long day,”



“Well, it's about to get even longer. No, it can't. I got a letter. Addressed to me. From Miles.”

“...Oh fuck... Right. The office.”






“Don't even think about trying to deny it! Look at the photos!”

“I can see them perfectly clearly, yes... I don't know how the fuck he got them-”

“It doesn't matter how! The fact is, it happened! What do you have to say about that?”

“Not a whole lot, really.”

“Really. Our nephew is actually your biological son, and you have nothing to say about it.”



“What can I say? He lives with Edward, and that's not going to change any time soon. I don't want him.”

“You cheated on me and got another woman pregnant! Hell, she would have been pregnant at the same time as I was! Was she really your secretary?”



“Yes.”

“And she's dead?”

“...Yes.”

“How did she die?”

“I think you know the answer to that.”



“No... you're evil...”

“I don't see what your issue is. I've always treated you perfectly fine. I've upheld my part of the deal by giving you everything.”

“How many women...?”

“How many women did I kill or how many women did I fuck?”

“It's not funny.”



“I'm not laughing. How do you think I feel? Miles has set out to ruin me. How the fuck did he know about this? Where did he get the proof?”

“You only care that you've been found out... Not that you did those terrible things...”

“Correct. A scandal like this could ruin me.”

“I can't do this anymore. I can't bring myself to even look at you, let alone sleep with you ever again...”



“In case you forgot, it's part of the terms. Oh, what is your problem? You know this marriage is a sham. It's all very well and good you claiming I'm awful, when you sold yourself out to me.”



“I wish I hadn't!”

“It's too late now. I know your game, knew it from the start. You're a fucking gold-digger. You were just waiting for me to die so you could have everything. Well, I put a stop to that by taking the age freeze potion. I bet that caught you off guard, didn't it?”

“Whatever I've done, it's nothing in comparison to you! You've killed people, for fuck's sake!”



“So your role is to have sex with me, provide me with children and look good by my side, while I shower you in money. Expensive clothes, jewellery, your weekly spa treatments... oh dear, that doesn't exactly paint you in a good light, does it? In fact, I'd say it makes you look like a prostitute. A worthless whore. That's what you are. And believe me Roxxi, by stopping sleeping with me, your usefulness is really starting to decrease.”

“S-stop it.”

“No, it's fine. I see you've made up your mind. I'll just get my needs met elsewhere.”



“That's never stopped you before...”

“No, I don't suppose it has.”

“I don't want to do this any more.”

“Well, you're not leaving. You know what happened to the last woman who tried to leave me.”



“No...”

“Yes. You're well aware. And I will get away with it, too. I always do. This conversation is over. What you found out, it changes nothing. Deal with it and shut the fuck up. Now get out.”




No comments:

Post a Comment