Wednesday 16 August 2017

Explanation



"There you are! Guys, he's back!"

"See? What did I tell you-"



"What the hell were you thinking?!"

"He wasn't thinking."



"I know... I'm sorry. Aria, please don't be angry..."

"I'm not. You just scared the shit out of us, that's all."

"Oh, God... you're all here waiting for me?"

"Of course we are! We were worried."



"Well, that doesn't matter now. The main thing is, he's here."

"Should have taken me with you..."

"There was no way I was going to do that."

"Thought so. Still."



"You became a vampire! Tell us all about it."

"I will, after I get showered and changed. Look at me..."

"Is that his blood?"

"Yes. He didn't get a single hit on me. So I am absolutely fine."

"I'm really relieved..."



"Anyway. Ellis, will you come with me to make sure Vincent doesn't see me? I don't want to worry him."

"Sure I will."

Later...



"So go on. Spill."

"I remembered his address from the school files. A terrible abuse of power, I know... But I had to punish him. So I drove to Midnight Hollow. On the way, I picked up a Vampire's Bite potion. I used it outside his house. The transformation was a bit of a shock to the system... and when I'd done, I was even angrier. I ran inside and he was already in the hallway. Perhaps he'd heard me. I froze up at first. Seeing him terrified me. Then the bastard started taunting me..."



"He what?"

"Fucking asshole..."

"He asked if I'd come back for more. I snapped. I completely lost it. I've never been so angry in my life... I took myself by surprise. Turning into a vampire made me stronger and faster; he didn't stand a chance. I beat the hell out of him. And after that, I drank from him..."

"Holy shit, Edward!"

"And I just couldn't stop... I needed to feed, and I needed to hurt him. I was uncontrollable..."



"Is he dead?"

"I'm not sure. I don't think he is. I managed to come to my senses enough to let go, and as you saw, I was covered in blood. But let's put it this way: if he is alive, he won't be doing much for a while."



"And you couldn't have taken me for the ride?"

"No! What if I'd turned against you? I was in such a state, I don't think you would have been safe... You are now, though. As long as I don't go too long without feeding, I won't get like that again. I just hope it doesn't interfere with my job. People tend to bleed often in schools."



"I guess we'd better stock up on plasma fruit. Unless you'd prefer to drink from people...?"

"No... I don't think I could. I felt awful. I behaved like a savage..."



"Yeah, but it's only Miles. Who gives a shit? You didn't do anything wrong."

"Aria's right. He had it coming."

"I know. Still, I don't feel good about it. How can I do something so violent then go back to hugging my son afterwards? It's wrong."



"You're still a good person. Nothing's changed."

"Seriously. Don't beat yourself up over him, he's not worth it..."

"I shouldn't think too much about it. I just hope Vincent isn't scared of me..."



"Aww, he won't be! Go see him!"

"Okay... Thank you, everyone."

"Our pleasure."





"Vin? It's me."



"Dad...?"

"Yeah, it is. Don't worry. I know, I look different."



"Are you a vampire?"

"Yes."

"Why?"



"Well... I just wanted to be stronger, that's all. I'm still the same old me, honest."

"You look cool."

"Thank you."



"Can I be a vampire too?"

"Not until you're a lot older! But if you'd like to turn when you're an adult, you can, yes."

"Aww, okay."

"Do I get a hug?"

"Yes."



"Good. You know, I couldn't imagine such a cute vampire."

"I'm not that cute really!"

"Oh yes you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment