Friday 18 August 2017

Wedding continued



"Oh, hey there!"

"Hi."

"Lovely do, isn't it?"



"Definitely. You must be so proud!"

"Very. It's what parents want, isn't it? To see their kids happy."

"Yep."



"You've all that to come, of course. Still, I didn't expect Logan to get married quite so soon.  Married before I am!"

"It's not all it's made out to be."

"Oh... sorry."



"No no, I am. It's Logan and Saraya's big day, after all. I've no right to bitch."

"If you want to talk, I'm all ears. It's great seeing other people happy, but it can also bring out your own problems."

"You're right... I don't want to be a downer, but I'm finding it a bit difficult..."

"What's the matter?"

"Tate's evil. He's a complete bastard, and I can't stay with him any more. But I can't leave either..."



"You can always leave. Has he hurt you?"

"Nothing physical. It's just the way he treats us... he's so nasty. And he cheated on me! Probably countless times! T-that's not even the worst of it..."

"Oh, Roxxi. Go on, tell me all about it."






"So...enjoying yourself?"

"Yep! Your friends are nice, Stanley."

"Glad you think so. Do you know anyone here?"

"Yeah, Roxxi. Feli's friends with Julius."

"Oh, nice!"



"Other than that, no. I do recognise Ellis and Aria, because I saw them once years ago. Edward took them out and I ran into them in town. They were kids then though. Hell, so was I..."

"You as a teen, huh. So you didn't have the pink hair and tattoos then?"

"Nope. I did the hair when I moved here. The tattoos started after I dropped out of uni. Which sounds bad, I know... Like some kind of criminal."

"Well, you are one."



"Look who's talking! Anyway, I'm happy you brought me to this wedding."

"Well, I'm lucky you stepped in! Otherwise I'd be alone, and look like a loser."



"What's new?"

"Oi, cut me some slack for once, will you?"

"Nah. It's too fun."

"Love you too!"



"God, it's obvious he fancies her. Why doesn't he just grow a pair and do something about it?"

"Oh, it'll happen when the time is right."

"Or when we give him a kick up the ass."

"Maybe I'll have a word with him."





"Wait. Not a single one?!"

"Nope. He's so damn selfish. Of course, I do everything he wants but do I get anything in return? No! God, I actually fell asleep once... I don't think he even noticed."

"You poor, poor woman."



"Yeah. Kill me. I haven't slept with him since the cheating though."

"Don't blame you!"

"So... if I do leave, that's put me off men for life..."

"At least you've got women as an option."

"...How did you know that?"

"Erm."



"Oh."

"Sorry."

"It's okay... this happens a lot. Damn videos..."

"I don't judge."

"Thanks..."



"It's okay. Hey, I think you're a brave woman, you know."

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's not easy to open up when you're in an abusive marriage."



"I guess that's what it is, huh..."

"Everything's going to be okay. You'll see."

"Thanks for listening... you'd better get back to the others. Your son's wedding party!"

"Good point. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."



"Good... I'll give you my number, so you can call me any time. I'm here if you need me."

"I'll have to take you up on that... You're very nice, Maria."

"Well, so are you... Come here, you look like you need a hug."



"I need more than just that... It's been so long since I've been treated like I matter."

"Of course you do. You deserve so much more."

"Then give me it."


No comments:

Post a Comment