Tuesday 8 August 2017

Cruelty



"I'm telling you, she was lying..."

"I don't understand! How could he be so evil? I... I'm sorry, I can't cope with this."



"Me neither... It doesn't get much worse than that."

"Oh, come on, Zeus! Don't you have any faith in Father?"

"Why would we, Tristan? His first three kids don't talk to him for a reason. I bet they know."

"Yeah... and it'd certainly explain why Edward hates him..."

"He...he's the worst! How can we go on living with him like normal after that? And how can we face Edward? Or Mum! Poor Mum! Not only is there the fact that he's a heartless bastard, he's a cheating one too!"



"H-Hazel's got no proof! Father wouldn't do something like that!"

"You're fucking delusional, Tristan! What will it take for you to accept what he's like?!"

"That's not fair-!"

"The hell it isn't! I'm so fed up of this. Ugh, I'm going after Carmella."



"Charon..."

"You know what I think of him. You're in the minority here, sorry."

"What do we do? Do we ask Edward? Because even if he did do it, Father's not going to admit to something like that..."



"No... My dad said not to bring up his past. Whichever way you look at it... he must have suffered horribly. He won't want to relive it."

"You're right..."




"Hello. Your name is Vincent, isn't it?"

"Yeah... how did you know that?"

"I know your dad. Actually, that's why I'm here."



"Who are you?"

"My name is Miles. I'm sorry that I have to drop some bad news on you, but it's important."

"Okay..."

"...I know this will be difficult to understand at first, but..."



"Edward is not your real dad."

"What?"

"You're not really his. I... don't know how much you know about where babies come from..."

"I don't know. Where do babies come from?"



"Oh, heavens... Right, er..."

"Do they all come from guys' butts like Nix did?"

"No, they don't. Only alien babies do that. Ordinary babies come from ladies."



"Ladies' butts?"

"...something like that. And that happens because a man does... something... to the lady and that's how a baby is made. Then it's in her stomach. You've seen pregnant ladies before, haven't you?"

"Yeah..."

"You actually came from a man and a lady. But the man is not Edward. What happened is that a different couple made you, then you were given away as a baby."



"Given away?!"

"Yes. The man took you to Edward's house and left you there. Here, I can prove it. Come sit down and I'll show you."




"See? That's him going in with you, then going back out without you."

"Why?"

"That's your real dad. ...Do you not recognise him?"

"No..."



"It's Uncle Tate."

"Uncle Tate?! He's my dad?"

"Yes, he is... He did it because he didn't want you."

"Who's the lady?"

"I don't know. Probably dead."

"Why didn't he want me?"



"You were an accident. So he dumped you on Edward, like rubbish. He's looked after you ever since. Sorry to tell you this, Vincent, but you were never wanted at all."



"Okay, I have to go now. Take care."

No comments:

Post a Comment