Saturday 8 July 2017

A new house
















“It's big, isn't it? Our new home...”

“It'll certainly suffice for us. Shall we take a look?















“It's... lovely.”

“Wow, this hall is massive! Shame her corpse is gone though.”





















“Charon! That's an awful thing to say!”

“Yeah, but she was an evil witch!”

“Vampire, but my point still stands! Don't get all bloodthirsty like Aria.”















“I... I think I'm going to look for my own place.”

“What? Why? You're a joint owner of this house. No-one can take that away from you. And you won't get a place like this.”

“Well, Ellis, I suspect she may want some independence. Perhaps she's fed up of living with family.”

“Yeah. That's it. You'll be happy for me to get a job then and stop leeching off you.”















“I have a friend who's moved into a shared house that has one more room left. Although Ellis won't approve-”















“Why won't I approve?”

“Because, well, it's Stanley Cooper.”

“Stanley Cooper? Are you kidding me?”

“He's a kind man.”















“He's also a criminal.”

“He was good to me while I was homeless. Just because someone may not be perfect, it doesn't make them bad-”






















“Who's Stanley Cooper?”

“The most well-known criminal in the neighbourhood.”

“Huh, I always thought that was Tate.”

“Stop it. I'm serious. He just came out of prison. I know that because I put him there.”

“Now I'm really intrigued! Hope he doesn't hold grudges.”















“I really don't want you living with him.”

“Because he's a criminal? Well, you were once.”

“Hacking a computer or two is hardly serious-”

“But where do you draw the line, Ellis? You're a hypocrite. You're not Mr Moral and Legal himself. Oh, you're a police officer now, I guess that makes you a saint-”

“It's certainly better than him! And you, for that matter! Violently assaulted anyone lately?”















“Ahem. If I may interrupt this petty bickering: Ellis, she is free to live elsewhere if that's her wish. Stop berating her over her lifestyle choices. And you, Aria, stop picking unnecessary arguments.”

“Fiiine...”

“Christ, it's like having children. Sorry, Charon.”

“I'd just prefer it if it were someone a lot more wholesome, but okay. I don't agree with him-”

























“Tough titty. I'm checking out the rooms.”















“That girl...”

“You know what she's like. And have some faith. Do you think I'd recommend someone who was bad for her? Believe me, he'll have trouble with her, not the other way around.”

“I do trust you, Edward. You know how it is.”















“Looks like this one might be yours, kid. A bit bare, but you can change it up.”

“It's great! At least I don't have to share.”

“Yeah, and how many kids in your class get their own bathroom? Except for that girl you keep complaining about.”

“Horse girl? Haha. I bet she makes it all up anyway! But I can prove it!”















“It's a bit girly, but it'll do for you, right?”

“Of course. My masculinity isn't threatened by a flower rug. It's everything in comparison to where I was last year. Thank you again for everything.”

“Oh, don't mention it! What's family for?”

“I'm not answering that one, mainly because I'll probably say something like 'ruining your life'.”

“Too true.”















“And I guess Raya will like this one.”

“Really? I thought it suited you better.”

“Very funny, Aria.”

“Nah, it'll be good for her. She does feminine a lot better than I do.”

“Yeah. Ari, I just... worry about you, you know? I want you to be safe.”

“And I will be, El. You don't need to be there to protect me. I'm an adult. Thanks, though.”

Elsewhere...















“What do you want? I can't really talk, I'm at home- what. Oh, come on. You didn't actually believe all that? Yes, fine, I admit it. I said it so you'd sleep with me. Do cry more, because I don't do any of that emotional bullshit-”






















“Seriously? Look, if it's money you want, I'll set you up. Give you a chance to just drop the whole bloody thing- I'm not taking any responsibility! It's your little mistake, I want nothing to do with it-”

“Oh, really. You'll ruin me? I don't appreciate being blackmailed. Take that threat back, because believe me, if you don't, things will not end well for you.”
























“Fine. Have it your way. You'll be sorry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment