Friday 7 July 2017

Hacking and playgrounds















“Hey, Ellis. I don't suppose you'll hack some money for me?”

“What? No, my hacking days are over! It was just some stupid hobby as a teen. I'm in the police now, I can't go breaking the law myself-”















“Bit naïve, that.”

“Oh, haha. I'll lend you some money if you want, I don't mind helping you out there.”















“Not enough for a house or a flat.”

“What? No, not that much! Is it that bad, living with us?”






















“No, it's great, a lot better than before. It's not for me. I met Uncle Edward a few weeks ago-”

“Really?! You didn't tell me! How is he?”

“Bad, Ellis. Lost everything, because of Tate. He got attacked because of him too. He's on the streets. I wanted to find him a home.”


















“Why didn't you bring him here?”

“God, he needs some dignity.”

“Ari...”

“What? What have I done wrong now?”

“Nothing. You just... surprised me. I'm really proud of you, you know.”

























“It's that shocking that I can be nice?”















“You know what I mean. Now go find him and bring him here. I don't want one of my actually nice relatives out in the cold. Now Tate doesn't live here any more, we can take him in.”


Meanwhile, at the other house...



















“Hey, Carmella. Help me out here. I can't use this thing on my own.”


















“Sure. It's not like there's room on the trampoline, with Zeus trying to fly over the house and everything.”















“Look how high I am!”





















“I'd make some joke about hippies and being high but I don't know if I get it myself. Oh well. I wish we still lived with Charon though. Why does Father have a problem with him?”























“I don't know. He's been moody recently though. Maybe it's his age. He's at least 40! That's ancient!”























“That old bag Olivia is even older! I'm glad she's gone now.”

“So am I. But it's so weird now. Not long ago there were 10 of us packed into that tiny house, and suddenly we're in a big one! I'm not complaining about it!”


















“Yeah, but this house is closer to the radioactive rivers where all the contaminated fish live!”

“Zeus, stop. You know none of it's true! Radioactive fish? Really?”

“Don't blame me, Carmella, when we start getting mutant people! It's going to- argh!”

[BANG]

















“Ouch!”

























“Oh, dear. Must have been the mutant trampoline.”






















“Thanks for the sympathy, Tristan.”

























“He's a jerk. Anyway, I'm going inside. It's getting cold.”























“Yeah, me too. Hey, who's that?”




























“I don't know, but he's visiting our house. Is he here to see Father?”















“Well, he's not here to see us, is he? Come on. I'm freezing my butt off too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment