Saturday 8 July 2017

Eavesdropping li'l shits


















“Why are we doing this again?”

“Because I'm your uncle and that means you have to do what I say.”















“Take no notice of him. You don't have to obey him. What are you doing anyway?”























“Saraya totally has a crush on that guy Logan. I bet they're going to get together. She doesn't have a diary, so we're going to watch them then make fun of her later.”

















“I didn't expect any better of you. That's a stupid idea, and really mean too.”






















“Yeah, leave her alone! I think it's sweet.”





















“Lame. Both of you.”






















“We already know she likes him. Every time I say something about him, she tells me to shut up. And she goes bright red.”

“What if they get married and have babies? She won't be there for us any more.”

“Oh, I wouldn't mind. I could be an auntie! Well, I am one already, but I could be a double auntie...”

“Nobody cares. So fine, you're not interested in listening in.”
























“I'm curious... but no. It's their business. And she'll kill us.”

“Aren't you the coward, Zeus. Just you and me then, Charon...”

“Don't come crying to us when he gets you in trouble again.”

“Sure thing!”















“... and then this morning, I found out that my grandmother is dead.”

“Oh...I'm sorry.”

“Don't be. It's a good thing.”















“Right... with all that you've told me about her, I guess you've got a point. How do you feel about it?”

“Weird. I suppose I thought she'd live forever, being a vampire and all. But even they can die if they hit their head in the right place.”

“How did you know that's what happened...?”

“You don't want to know, trust me. Anyway, it turns out she had our grandfather killed for his money. She sold our mother to our father. My entire life is a sham.”

“Oh, don't say that! What they did is nothing to do with you. It's not your fault. You turned out okay, right?”






















“Did I, though? My sister raised me more than anyone, and she, at best, has severe anger issues. They think I'm worthless because I'm not pretty like her, and getting burned was the final nail in the coffin. I'm practically Cinderella with all the chores I do, all because my father can't be arsed to hire a cleaner. Or a nanny, so I'm that too. He doesn't even think I'm worth marrying off. When I turn eighteen, I'm getting dumped on Ellis and that's it. So no, I'm not okay. ”















“You know what, Saraya? Fuck what they think. Why do you care what a narcissistic, misogynist tyrant thinks? You are so much better than that. You're not on your own, anyway. You have Ellis, and Aria, and the triplets adore you, and me...”

“You what?”

“I... think you're incredible. I just wished you believed me.”
















“Thank you, Logan...”















“Oh man, I didn't expect that...”

“Tristan, I know he's your dad and everything and I know you think he's great but... surely you knew all that? I mean, there's a reason his first two kids hate him. He doesn't even recognise me as a grandson.”

“He's just...stressed from work, you know?!”

“Yeah right.”















“I think that might be enough for one day.”

























“Also, if there was going to be a moment for them to confess their love, it would have been then. But it didn't happen. Probably because of you. I'm taking you home. Darling Father got you a playground so you could go on it instead of the shitty one at the park. And you, Charon, I'm sure your dad will love to hear about your stalker behaviour.”



















“It's nearly over now. You'll be better off when you're free of him. So...I'd better get back now, actually. I'll see you later, okay?

“Oh, okay.”

“Hey..uh..prom's soon, right? So, let's go together?”

“Of course!”

“Great. Bye then!”

No comments:

Post a Comment