Friday 7 July 2017

Library shenanigans







“Tristan, I'm not stupid. I saw you do that.”

“You won't be the one to sit on it then, will you?”

“Don't you have anything better to do? Can't you just read quietly like the other two?”

“That's boring.”



“You're just putting off your homework because we did it already and you didn't. You were too busy stealing stationery from smaller kids and blaming Charon for it.”

“No way! He's as bad as me!”

“His dad is a cop, he's the most morally-upright person I know, unlike you-”



“Do you two mind? This is a library. Shut up so I can read in peace.”

“What's your book about?”

“Global warming.”


“Wow. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but that is boring.”


“Logan's going to be here soon. Please can you at least try to behave?”


“Is he your boyfriend?”

“No. We're just doing a school project.”


“You're going red. You like him, don't you?”

“For god's sake-”

“Are you going to get together and have babies?”


“It doesn't work that way. You have to be married first.”


“Stay innocent, kids. It won't be that way for long but I prefer you innocent.”



“Hi, Saraya! Sorry I'm late. Are these your siblings? They're sweet.”

“Yes, aren't they just.”


“Anyway...”


“There's a picture of Olivia in this old newspaper.”

“Really? What is it?”

“It's from the archives. A school principal, John Atwood, was found dead at his home in Bridgeport...”


“That's my grandfather... what else does it say?”

“Police are investigating the fatal shooting...he leaves behind a wife Olivia, a daughter Sheri and a son Miles.”


“Holy shit...”


“Wow, no offence, but your family is a bit messed up, isn't it?”

“Obvious statement of the year, but none taken. I'll have to tell Ari about this.”



“Are we going to solve a murder mystery?”

“No mystery about it. And no, you're not. I am.”

“Aww. That's a shame.”



“That's really morbid, Carmella.”



“Saraya, are you saying you know who killed him?”

“I'm not discussing this with 8 year olds. And please do not mention this to our dad.”

“Why not?”

“He has more important things to worry about, like the election. Sorry, Logan. Shall we get back to work?”

No comments:

Post a Comment