Sunday 9 July 2017

Get rich quick schemes















“Oh, darling, it is such a shame you won't be joining me at the boarding school. I wonder why Mr Conn didn't like you?”

“No idea, Renee. I'm sure you'll have a great time there, though!”

“I will. Did you know it has a stable? I'll be able to bring at least two of my purebreds, maybe more if Daddy bribes Mr Conn again...”

“How nice.”



















“It is, isn't it? Anyway, what's your brother and nephew doing over there?”

“Oh, it's their new business. They've been buying a load of sweets at the discount store in bulk, and they're marking up the price here to give them a profit.”

“I suppose that's...different. I don't really see why the others can't just go there themselves – I wouldn't be seen dead there personally, but I know some others would.”

“They could do that, but not during school hours. It seems to be working anyway.”















“We've made a good profit today. This stupid healthy eating programme backfired right into the teachers' faces and it's played right into our hands!”

“What a way to make money! Forget paper rounds, this is where it's all at!”

“I know, Charon. This is just our first step into the world of business. Who knows where it'll lead when we're older?”

“You two are going to get into trouble.”

“Oh, stop being a negative Nancy! I said you could join in, but no, you have to be the goody two shoes again.”

“Yeah, come on, Zeus! We're just getting rich for no effort! What's the downside?”

























“I don't know about you, but we're already rich, Charon. It's just money the sake of money.”

“Welcome to the real world.”

“And welcome to detention when you get caught.”















“Pff, who cares about detention? Father's just going to be proud of my initiative! That's why he's not impressed by you. If you were more like me, he'd like you more.”

“Well, forgive me for trying to improve the world rather than contribute to its greed!”

“Hey, where are you going? Oh, don't be so sensitive! Man, he's such a drama queen.”

“I don't know, Tristan. That was kinda douchey.”





















“Carmella, I don't want to be a triplet anymore.”

“What? Why?”

“Can we be twins and expel Tristan?”















“Maybe. But where would he go?”















“In the trash. I doubt he recycles.”

---















“Hi, you guys! How was work?”

“Not bad, Ivy. Things are picking up a bit, people are obviously just getting used to the new store-”

“Oh, because it's all legit stuff and not stolen this time around?”

“Exactly. Well, most of it... Same old quality, though maybe I should rebrand...”















“Yeah, we'll help! How about Cooper's Crap?”

“Really-”

“Stanley's Shit?”















“Yeah, but are you saying that the shit belongs to Stanley or are you calling him shit? Both are accurate, of course.”

“Hey, fuck all of you! You know what, Heath? At least I have a real business and I don't work part time in a fuckin' grocery store because I'm clinging onto a pipe dream.”















“There's nothing wrong with working in a grocery store, you ass! Anyway, you'll be sorry when our first album comes out and gets Number 1!”

“Number 1 what? Number 1 item to be used as a beer mat? Sure it will, kid.”

“It's my band too, Stanley! Even if we're not successful yet, we're not failures!”

“I know. I'm just messin' with ya. Sorry.”















“You know, it's no more peaceful here than back at home, but at least this house doesn't have the lingering stench of death.”















“Only after curry night.”

“Yeah, true. What I mean is, you're all okay. I'm gonna go change. See you.”















“Aww, I think she likes us.”

“I hope so. She's scary. That whole family is tainted. Marked with the brand of evil.”

“Is that why you get a face on around Saraya? She's a nice girl.”















“I just want the best for my bro.”

“Or you just want him, full stop.”















“Wouldn't that be somethin'? I love a good drama.”

“Sad for you that you don't get one, then! Me and Logan? I've known him since we were little kids! That'd just be wrong. Anyway, Ivy, I believe you were kicking my ass at Monkey Ball?”

“Yeah, I was. Let's get back to it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment