Friday 7 July 2017

Backstory

(Author's note: Content warning for blood and implied torture) 

Tonight we rejoin our teenagers in the park, escaping the chaos that is four toddlers.
























“You know what's pissing me off, Raya? Somehow, Tate's even worse than he used to be. Sure, he was always a money-hungry bastard. I mean, he killed people for a living. But even having a legit job, he's the same old asshole. Just hides it better from the public."






















“I don't really remember was it was like back in Bridgeport. I just know I hate the...contempt he has for us. You know, you and me and Ellis. I fear for those kids.”

“Nah. They're the perfect little babies who he can mould into whoever he wants. I don't know if he'll lose interest in them. Maybe.”

















“You think he'll keep working his way up?”

“Probably wants to be president, knowing his fucking ego. Any way for him to control more people. And Roxxi's along for the ride. I don't get it. I saved his life-”























“You what?! When? Why didn't you tell me?”

“I... I don't know. The whole thing was pretty disturbing, and I guess I shoved it to the back of my mind. But I've just been thinking about it more recently...”



















"I came home from school one day. Mum was at work and Ellis had taken you to the park. I walked in, and there was this man stood over Tate..."





























"He had a knife and they were both all bloody."





















“Oh, hello. You must be his daughter.”



























"Normally, you'd have to kill any witnesses.





















But I could never bring myself to hurt my own flesh and blood...”



















“What did he mean?”

“That's the thing. I have no idea who he was. Never seen him in my life.”
























"Who are you...?"

“It doesn't matter. But who are you? Who will you be? Not like mummy and daddy, I hope...”






















“Looks like it's your lucky day, Tate! Well, you know my demands. I expect to get what's mine. Or who knows who will be next. Go on, girl. Save him. Or finish him off. I wouldn't blame you.”

























“I'll just be going then. Goodbye.”































“Feels like he's never forgiven me since. Far from being grateful, he's even nastier to me.”

























“Maybe he feels emasculated, knowing he's only here because of a little girl. You know what the idiot's like. I take it this was back in Bridgeport?”

“Oh, yeah. Then we lost all the money, and came to live here. I can only assume he paid him off, and that's what he meant with 'what's mine'. But then why would Tate's money be his?”

“Hit gone wrong?”

“I don't know. I don't understand it.”

“Oh, heads up. Police.”

























“Hey, there, it's past curfew! Oh. It's you two.”

“Hello, Ellis.”

“You know the rules. Come on down.”























“Make me.”

“Oh, go on Ari. We're lucky it's him and not that other cop. You know, the one you threatened to stab.”

























“You now know where I get it from. But which murderous relative is it?”

“What are you on about?”






















“I'll explain later. Are we in trouble, officer?”

























“I'll let you off the hook.”

















“So how's the balance between family and work, single dad?”

“A work in progress, Raya. Certainly limits my dating options.”

















“Heheh. I can see why the ladies aren't crawling over the man with the colon baby.”

"Oh Ari!"

“That's your nephew you're talking about, you awful child. Come on. Home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment