Monday 10 July 2017

Gigs





















“Ivy's down in a minute.”

“Okay. So what important thing did you have to tell us?”

“I'll wait 'til she arrives. But I need to confess something to you.”

“Alright...”





















“So I might have kissed Ellis yesterday.”

“What?!”

“Yeah.”

“You didn't even tell me you liked him! I had no idea, man!”

“Me liking him...It happened really quickly. Even I was caught off-guard.”















“So...you two together now or what? 'Cause Saraya didn't say anything about it.”

“No...it didn't go the way I hoped. See, I just kinda pounced on him.”

“Oh god, Heath...”

“He said he'd never been kissed, and then there was mistletoe, and I couldn't resist, okay! Except he thought I was doing it to prove a point.”















“You idiot. Kissing people out of nowhere only works in movies. No wonder he got the wrong impression.”

“I know, I fucking suck... I didn't mean to make him feel like I was doing it for all the wrong reasons. But I really do like him! I got a crush and it's bad! I can't stop thinking about him...”















“I'm here. Spill.”

“Uh...anyway! Friends! Today I bring you good news, and bad news!”

“Yeah, go on.”















“The good news is, I just got us a gig!”

“Nice!”

“So what's the bad news?”

“It's at the Old Horse Pub.”















“Oh, really? Boo.”

“Didn't you take your girl there once?”

“Yeah, but there wasn't much else to do. And anyway, I've got a lot better at dates since then...”

“I'll bet.”

























“If someone took me on a date to the Old Horse Pub, we wouldn't go on another.”















“Okay, so it's full of hobos and underage kids. So what? They'll get to experience our music.”

“It's not really our target demographic.”

“Beggars can't be choosers.”















“Some of them are beggars. Like Edward used to be.”

“He's not anymore though, is he? Maybe it's a sign. Something symbolic about rising from despair to fortune. This could be our chance! I can feel it deep down.”















“That's probably just gas.”















“...lovely, Ivy. What a woman you are.”

“Don't mention it.”















“What exactly are you watching, Charon?”

“Just one of the soaps that Saraya likes. It's not bad. Don't tell anyone, though!”

“Why? Is it going to damage your reputation?”

“I'll never hear the end of it if Tristan finds out, that's all.”















“Your secret's safe with me. Hey, can I just have a word with you for a minute?”

“Sure, Dad. Did I do something wrong?”

“No, not at all. This is about me. Listen, I've just been thinking recently, and, well... I wanted to know how you'd feel if I started seeing someone. As in, dating them. It's okay if you're not comfortable with it. You're my number one priority and nothing will change that.”

“Are you getting a girlfriend? Or are you getting a boyfriend?”























“I'm not sure if I'm getting anyone just yet! But it might happen, yeah. That's another thing... would you mind if it's a boyfriend?”

“Not really.”

“Oh, well that's a relief...”















“It's okay, Dad. I don't mind if you're gay. I mean, you're still my dad. And you're a pretty cool one.”















“Charon, sweetheart, thank you. I appreciate that.”

“Will I have to meet him?”

“Well, you don't have to do anything. I'd like if you did eventually, but I'd never choose anyone I didn't think you'd like. I won't just have strangers in and out of your life. If it's serious, then you can meet up. You don't have to worry about it now!”





















“Okay. I won't scare him off, then!”

“Glad to hear it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment