Saturday 22 July 2017

Panic




“Hey...Edward? Are you okay?”


“What's the matter? Charon said you were strange on the way home. Did something happen?”

“..Yes. Something happened.”

“Tell me.”

“...Miles has a daughter. He sent her to our school.”


Miles?! What does he want?”


“I haven't got a clue, Ellis. It's been twenty years since anyone last heard from him. When he attacked Tate...just after he'd attacked me...”


“Oh, Edward. I'm so sorry. This must be horrendous for you.”

“What are we going to do?”

“I don't know... A daughter? I can't believe it. I don't want her anywhere near Charon, even if she is his...cousin.”

“He'll ask about her. The kids, they recognised the surname. They already know she's related... Carmella asked me already. I went on the system and there she is. Hazel Atwood.”


“Is Miles in Sunset Valley, then?”

“No. They live in Midnight Hollow, that much I do know. Believe me Ellis, I'd be an even bigger wreck if he was in the area. But that's the thing: if she goes to school, at some point, he will too...”


“I can't handle that! There's no way I could hold it together if I were to see him again! Just seeing her around will remind me of him!”

“Edward, come over here.”


“I promise, he won't do anything... I don't know what he's playing at, sending her here. It must be a deliberate move to scare us. But I swear, I won't let him hurt you or the kids. I'm a police officer and even if I'm part of the most corrupt force in SimNation, there must be something I can do to protect you.”

“Thank you... oh Christ, it shouldn't be this way. I'm your uncle. I'm meant to protect you.”

“And you have done. Where would we have been those first few years of our lives if you weren't there? You loved us and looked after us.”


“Oh, Ellis...”

“So, I'm going to have to explain Miles to Charon.”

“Yes...”


“Okay. I can do that. Please, try not to worry about her. Try to avoid her.”

“I didn't mention...she's a demon.”

“A what?”


“A demon. Miles fucking Atwood, the most sociopathic unstable man I've ever been unfortunate enough to meet – and we know Tate, for fuck's sake! -  reproduced with a demon.”

“That's... a terrible combination, but she can't do anything at school. She might not want to either. We will work this out, okay? Even if I am heavily pregnant.”

“Thank you.”

“It's no problem, Edward.”




“Hazel is the daughter of a man called Miles. He's my other uncle. I've never met him before. I didn't even know he existed until a few years ago.  He's a dangerous man, Charon.”


“That man, he gave me my scars...and he's also the reason why I fell into bankruptcy.”


“He hasn't been heard from in a long time. Edward found him listed as Hazel's father – we had no idea he had a daughter, either.”

“So he's related to me, then...”

“He's your great uncle. She is your cousin once removed. But sweetheart, please, please, stay away from her.”


“If she's anything like her father, she is bad news. He could be using her to get to you, to get to me...”

“Will she try to hurt us, Dad?”


“I don't know. But I will not let either of them harm you. That is a promise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment