Sunday 9 July 2017

New jobs

“All in all, I think I've adjusted quite well to the surprise father role. Vincent is my son, and there's no changing that. I wouldn't have it any other way now.”















“Sadly, I doubt baby Julius has had anywhere near as much love and affection.”

“You're probably right. I mean, damn. This is his eighth? Has he ever heard of protection?”

“Who knows, Stanley. I don't understand the women either. Why would they- you know, let's stop there. This conversation doesn't belong anywhere near a toddler.”















“Forget your brother. What about you? You've come a long way since I first met you. Always thought you were classy. Look at this fuckin' house! It's got a library!”

“I didn't really earn any of it. Just because I was born into wealth, it doesn't mean that I always will be rich, or that I deserve to be. Still, I'm going to repay everyone for their kindness, including you. I've got a job!”























“Shit, Edward, you don't need to do that. But congrats. What is it?”

“The school counsellor...”

“What, helping run the school?”

“No, an actual counsellor. They're going to put me in a box room and kids come to me with their problems. They saw my degree in psychology and thought that meant I'd be suitable...”

“Teenage drama? How bad can it be?”

“If it's anything like this family, very bad indeed. I don't mind, though. What about you? How are things?”















“Great. I'm staying outta trouble, and I mean it this time. Did Aria tell you I gave her a job? Because she's my new security guard at the store.”

“I... can think of many ways in which that could go wrong, but perhaps it'll be good for her. How is she doing, then?”

“She seems fine. We get on okay, Heath and Ivy included.”

“Ah yes, they're Logan's friends. He's a nice kid.”
















“Yeah.  Anyway, you weren't wrong when you said Aria had a temper, but I think we're all good.”

“That's nice to hear. Well, thank you for looking out for her.”

“No problem!”

Elsewhere...















“And that is how I got into a fistfight on my first day of work!”

“I'd be more surprised if you told me you didn't punch anyone.”

“Yeah yeah. But really, this is me sorting my life out! Finding a healthy way to deal with my anger!”

“What, by beating up grubby teenagers trying to steal cheap crap from Stanley's shop? I bet that's why Ellis joined the police – to take his revenge against criminals! Or something like that. Just me who needs a job now then.”

“Let's think... you're good at cooking, cleaning and childcare. So you could be a housewife!”























“Oh, thanks.”

“Or a butler, so you can have an affair with the man of the house and inevitably get pregnant with his bastard child, then ruin his life by telling absolutely everyone.”

“I don't think Logan would be too impressed.”

“Ah, you know I'm just messing with you. You could do anything you wanted. You're the normal one, Raya! Sky's the limit. Once you've conquered the town, then you can get married.”
















“I'd love to, but one step at a time, okay! I ended up with the cutest and nicest guy ever and I love him dearly-”

“I know. You've been so happy recently.”

“Hehe. But really, Ari, I'm not some high school cliché. You know, ugly-but-not-really-ugly girl gets a makeover then marries her high school sweetheart, beating out all the cheerleaders or some shit. I'm still the same old me. Girly but boring and sensible Saraya Farrington. Logan's not going to get some 50's haircut and we're not going to break out into song.”

“Good, because I don't really feel like joining you as a backup dancer and singing about needing a man. I live with two, and one is Heath Everett.”

“Poor you.”



“Hey, I heard that! What's so bad about me?”

“You leave dirty dishes everywhere, I don't even want to mention the toilet lest I start having flashbacks, and you smell like a teenage boy.”

“Go on then, what does a teenage boy smell like?”















“Lynx body spray and failure.”

“Ouch. I think there's a first aid kit in the kitchen – you know, for burn treatment...”

“Screw you both.”

No comments:

Post a Comment