Saturday 8 July 2017

Prom















“What do you think, Ari?”

“A work of art, if I do say so myself.”

“I do like it a lot. I've never felt so...pretty.”

“Told you I'm good at makeup. Go knock them dead.”

“That's a bad choice of words coming from you.”















“Thanks for reminding me. Oh, actually, about that...”

“What? You've not been found out?”

“No, no. We got a letter, Ellis and I. It was addressed to you too. See, Olivia didn't have a will. She didn't expect to die. I guess you know what's coming next.”
















“Yep. We're inheriting the house. And her money.”

“That's...”

“Congratulations, Raya. You're rich.”

“Yeah, but you...”

“Forget it for now. Just go have a nice night. Don't come back without Logan as a boyfriend.”















“What, just ask him out?!”

“Of course.”

“I can't do that...”

“Why not?”

“Look, you don't get it-”

“Because I'm not a sexual person so I don't know how it feels? Yeah, fine, that's true. But I do know that you've both been mooning about over it for months now. Logically, the best thing you can do is just get a grip and do it. It's prom, the best time for it. And anyway, it's getting boring.”















“And what if he says no? There'll be loads of better-looking girls there. Why would he pick me?”

“Oh, shut up. Trust me. He won't say no.”


















“Tell me the truth. Do I look like a douche?”

“You always do, but not any more than usual.”

“Thanks, that was really helpful.”















“At least his suit matches! What happened to you, Heath? Got dressed in the dark?”

“This is as formal as you'll ever see me. Anyway, Logan, you got this one in the bag. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines.”

“Please don't.”

“We won't make it obvious. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Wait, is that her?”

















“It certainly is...”

“She looks lovely.”

















“H-hey, you. You look nice.”
















“Is that the best he can manage?”

“Shut up, you! Give him a chance.”

“Yeah, yeah. So...wanna dance?”

“Was that rhyme deliberate? Ah, what the hell, why not.”















“So, yeah, they're my friends. They don't mind me being with you though, they've got each other.”

“Are they together...?”

“Nah, he's the crudest person I know, but he'd never hit on her. She's off-limits.”
















“You all seem close. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so goddamned shy, otherwise I'd have more friends too.”

“Well, I haven't been able to get rid of him. And don't worry. You're good.”

“I bet you wouldn't trade him for anything. It's sweet.”

“Yeah. Anyway... shall we dance?”

“Oh, okay!”
















“Just gotta wait for a slow one now. I'm not slow dancing with you, though. You'd probably stand on my foot.”

“Probably. At least I sing a lot better than I dance.”

“We all have to have at least one strong point.”

“Love you too, Ive. I hope he's not one of those friends, the ones who ignore you when they get a girlfriend then expect you to pick up the pieces when it inevitably goes to shit.”



















“You don't wanna lose him? Who'd have thought you were so sensitive? Aww. For real though, he won't do that. Oh, there it is!”















“Saraya, can you slow dance?”

“I've never tried it.”

“Do you want to?”

“Yeah, I do.”






















“Hey... thanks for being there for me recently. You must be fed up of it.”

“Nah, I don't mind at all. It can't be easy. I, uh, have something to say...”

“What's that?”

“I think you must know by now, but if you're not interested in me, it's okay. I won't blame you.”

“N-no...it's not that. I do...like you. In a more than friends way.”















“You do?”















“How could I not? I just... wanted to spare you from all the crap in my life. You're so nice, and I'm...not good enough. You could have any girl you wanted.”

“So why am I here with you?”

“Glutton for punishment?”

























“Then by all means, punish me.”

“That was...wrong. And very cheesy.”

“I know.”
















“There we go.”

"Aaand that's a wrap. Back in a minute, going for a piss."















“Yo, man. Stop staring at her boobs.”

“I'm not, you asshole. Get lost.”
















“That wasn't the best first sentence he could have said in front of you.”















“Haha, I don't mind. I...I love you, Logan.”

“I love you too. Does that mean we're together now?”

“I hope so.”





















“Good. Then it's settled...”


No comments:

Post a Comment