Monday 10 July 2017

Business meetings

























“Well, I'm just about ready to go. I'm just gonna go there, say my piece, then leave.”

“Good for you, although it's a waste of getting dressed up if you're only going to stay for ten minutes.”

“Nah, it's fine. I'm meeting Logan then we'll go somewhere else nice.”

“I'm glad to hear it. Best of luck.”

“Thanks, Edward.”















“Remember, I'm proud of you. All of you.”

“We're proud of you too. Oh, yeah... you'll stay off the booze, won't you? I mean, it is Friday night...”























“Well, it hardly matters what day of the week it is, but I'm doing my best. I know, things need to change... Anyway. Go.”















“So when's your sister due to turn up?”

“Soon. You like fireworks, Stanley?”

“Love them. Why?”

“Because we're getting them, and I'm not talking about the display at the end of the night.”

“I thought so. I ain't seen your dad yet though, where is he?”

“Over there. I don't think he's seen me yet, though. Otherwise he would have definitely come over. Probably concerned I'll push him into one of the hot tubs. Or worse.”















“Everything seems to be going well so far, doesn't it, sir?”

“Oh, yes. I've already made a few good agreements. People are very easily persuaded. Now I just need to wait for my daughter to turn up so I can get her to reconsider about stealing the bistro from behind my back.”

“Good. What a nerve, to deliberately try to sabotage you...”

“She's a pushover, it'll be fine. Oh, great. Look over there. It's my other daughter, dressed like a hooker.”




















“And there we go. Giving me the death glare. Well, two can play at that game.”

“Don't bother, look who it is!”

















“Saraya, we need to talk.”

“Yeah. That's why I'm here.”

“I'm glad that you decided to honour the invitation I sent to the bistro's previous owner. The thing is, I had a deal in place with her, and you knew that when you chose to take it. So I'm asking you nicely: give the business to me.”

“No.”

“What?”

“I said no.”

“I don't think I'm making myself clear enough. I need that bistro. You will sign it over to me.”















“No, I won't. You don't need it. You want it, but that's not the same as needing it.”















“I'm going over. Could turn ugly.”

“Hang on, I'm goin' with you!”















“I'm not sure what's come over you today, but I'm not going to allow you to be rude to me.”















“Her, rude to you? That's a funny fucking joke, Tate.”

“It's okay,  Aria, I've got this. Dad, I'm not giving you the business. You don't care for running a restaurant – I do. You started me cooking in the first place so it's kinda your fault, really.”

“You will fucking do as I tell you-”

“Or what? You're going to throw a tantrum? Who's the adult here?”
















“...okay. Listen, I will give you twice what you paid for it. I am very serious about this-”

“So am I. You think you can just throw money at me and make it all better?”

“If this is about your stupid grudge against me, you can stop right there. I was a perfectly good father to you for the past 18 years-”

“Are you kidding me?”

Stop interrupting me! I gave you what you needed. It's you who didn't deliver in return.”















“By being female? For being burnt in a fire? You're a liar, and much as I want to tell everyone here very loudly just how disgusting you are, I'd like a peaceful life. Besides, if becoming a successful businesswoman won't make you proud, what would? Oh, right, it's not the same if I do it, is it? According to you, women just exist to feed your ego. Fuck it, I'm leaving.”

“Then you will never see those triplets again, you stupid girl.”

“You'll punish them to get back at me? Because none of us want to put up with your shit any more? You'll never manage to enforce it. Goodbye. And good riddance!”















“Well, that's you told, isn't it?”

“Shut up, Aria. Why are you even here?”















“Because of me. I own Cooper's Consignment, and she works for me.”

“I invited you simply because it was intended for every business owner in the town. Not because I have any interest in your crappy little store. Nor do I particularly care for your choice of employees.”















“Good, because I'm not your biggest fan either. In fact, fuck you.”

“Charming. No wonder you've managed to ruin your life. What a waste of you, to work in a consignment store. Still, it's what you deserve.”

“And you deserve to choke to death, but hey. What is all this shit about anyway? It's obvious you're up to no good.”















“It's nothing to do with you, but I'm just seeking out some partnerships. You know, with actual businesses. Seeing as you have literally nothing to offer me, not here or anywhere else for that matter, I suggest you leave now, if only to spare you the humiliation of being forcibly carried out by security. Not that I'd mind. I think it would be rather entertaining.”

“I'd rather not spend another second in your company. Come on, Stanley.”

“Man, did he really have to say that about the store...?”

No comments:

Post a Comment