Friday 7 July 2017

Tutoring
























“Uh...hey, Logan.”

“Hi, Saraya. Come in.”




















“So...any good at Geography?”

























“Not really. The homework is something about the rapid decline of the environment because of the mining of Tiberium, right?”
























“Yeah. And the mutations it's causing in the jellyfish. My dad's been complaining about the environmentalists asking him to take action.”

“He's a local rep, isn't he? Loads of rumours about him too.”

“They're probably true.”



















“So...uh, I hope I'm not keeping you from anything important.”

“Oh, no. It's nice to get away from the chaos at home. Four toddlers and an evil grandmother...”

“Four toddlers? Wow. How'd that happen?”
















“My stepmum had triplets. Then on the same day my brother had an alien baby.”

“Wooow. That must be so weird! Oh. Er, sorry. No offence.”

“I'm used to it. There's no problem. Hey, I heard you're good at music?”

“It's my favourite subject, yeah. I'm getting a band together. But if that doesn't take off, I'm gonna train to be a firefighter as a backup.

















Fire...

“That's...cool. Guess I'll be relying on you if any more...accidents happen.”




















“Sorry, did I make it awkward?”

“No, no! Let's just start, shall we?”

























“Thanks for the help, Saraya. Teacher's bloody useless, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah. My sister used to have him. He had to call my parents once after she left a tack on his chair.”

“Haha! Can't really blame her. So...”


Later...
















“What do you mean, you forgot my birthday?!”

“Oh, come on. You think I don't have better things to do than watch some girl get shitfaced for the first time then vomit everywhere?”


















“I'm not just some girl, I'm your bloody daughter! I'm becoming an adult! Does that really not matter to you?”

“In all honesty? No. I didn't care when the last one turned 18 either. It means I can throw you out if I want to. And besides, I have other children now. Children that aren't you.”

“You are so fucking toxic, you know that?! Fine. I'll go out and celebrate by myself.”

“Don't bother coming back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment