Sunday 23 July 2017

Shit talking Tate


“Hey Dad, can I ask a question?”

“Of course you can. What is it?”

“What's an alcoholic?”


“...I... Where did you hear that word?”

“Julius said it. He's in my class at school now. ”

“Really? I thought he was a year younger...”

“He said they moved him up because he's clever.”

“Oh, I see... What exactly did he say, Vincent?”


“Uncle Tate called you a loser and an alcoholic.”

“He did, did he...”

“Did I do something wrong, Dad?”

“No, not at all. It's definitely not you. As for your question... well, it's a person who drinks too much beer or wine.”

“Are you one?”


“No, I'm not. How can I be? I don't drink at all, do I?”

“No, I guess not...”

“What did you say back to Julius?”

“Oh, I told him you said Uncle Tate is an arse.”


“Oh heavens... Vincent, darling, I don't think you should repeat everything I say. Especially if it's about Uncle Tate...”

“Okay.”


“Come here you.”

“He didn't care, though... He just agreed with it.”

“Oh, right...”



“I love you Dad.”

“I love you too.”


“Well, shit.”

“What's up? And don't swear.”


“Sorry. I had something to ask Edward but it looks like he's had enough awkward questions for one day.”

“Could you ask me instead?”

“...I dunno. I can try. We'll go in my room.”


“Go on...”

“Hazel said Miles scarred Edward too.”


“...She just admitted to you that her dad is a sociopath who cuts people up?”

“Pretty much, yeah. Said she'd tell us why once she got us all together, so she can ruin our good image of Grandad.”

“...That doesn't exactly apply to you now, does it?”



“Hell no. But is it true?”

“Charon... Yes, it's true. I don't think you should mention it to Edward though. He'll be really upset...”

“I'm not surprised... poor Edward.”

“I suppose I'll have to tell him you know at some point though...”

“So that's why he panics around Hazel? Jesus, that's awful.”


“He'll be okay. We'll do our best to look after him, won't we?”

“Sure will!”

“Thanks... you're such a good kid.”

“'Salright. Family's family, right?”

“Yeah, I agree. I know there's a lot going on at the moment, you must be feeling a bit left out, especially now that Nix is here.”


“Dad, relax. I'm fine. Besides, I don't need to sleep. I can help you with her.”

“She's a lucky girl, having so many people who love her...”


+ bonus baby pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment