Sunday 9 July 2017

Restaurants and bad flirting















“Thanks, it was a lovely meal.”

“Yeah, we really enjoyed it.”

“Thank you! It was nice having you. You know, this is probably my last week as owner.”

“Really?”















“Oh, yes. I'm going to retire. I've had this restaurant for over 40 years but it's time to move on.”

“So it's being taken over then?”

“Yes. The mayor must have heard the rumours and now he's put in an offer. A bit low, I think, but I don't suppose anyone else has the money outright.”















“The mayor? How much is he offering?”

“Saraya-”

“20,000. I'd really prefer to complete this sale sooner rather than later, though.”

“Is it final?”

“Not yet. I told him I'd consider it for a few days but he probably knew it was going to be a yes.”















“Listen. I'm not trying to interfere or anything, but I don't think he'll have the best interests of this place in mind. I know him. He doesn't know the first thing about running a restaurant. He wants the money.”

“Don't we all?”

“Yeah, but not everyone is...well, him. I can offer you more than that. And I'm actually passionate about cooking, and it'll help me learn a lot more about it. It's got to be a better option, right?”















“Really? You're interested?”

“I'll make it 40,000. Trust me, I don't think you want to contribute to that man's greed.”

“You said you know him?”

“Unfortunately. Shall we discuss this inside?”

“Sure, why not.”















“Raya... he's gonna be pissed.”

“Yep. I'm not sure I care any more.”

“Okay...god, we go on a date and end up buying property...”

 ---















“So yeah. I finally stood up to him. Told him exactly what I thought of him.”

“Good for you! I'm sick of his shit. He just goes around, being horrible to everyone, thinking he can just say what he wants.”

“I mean, he insulted me for still being a virgin. I felt like a real loser to tell you the truth.”

“Who cares about that? I mean, Heath's still a virgin and he's doing okay, right?”
























“Hm, I dunno. Seems like a bit of a backhanded compliment there.”

“You're welcome. I'll be right back, just need the loo.”

“Okay.”



“You know, Aria's right. Take no notice of your father, he sounds like a real prick.”

“Thanks, Heath. I just hate how he...gets to me. Sorry, I won't offload it onto you. I'm sure you've got better things to do.”

“Not really. Anyway, I feel like I need to say something.”

“Okay, go on.”























“Well, I was kinda wary of your family at first. I first saw Aria in high school, back when she was yelling at teachers and punching other students. Then your dad became the mayor and I don't know what the general population of Sunset Valley is on, because he may as well have a sign attached to him saying “DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN” in big red letters.”

“You're not wrong.”

“Yeah. So, I kinda judged you all. I guess I'm admitting I was wrong. Saraya and Logan are really happy together, and living with Aria's not so bad!”















“And me..?”

“I don't really know you, but you seem pretty nice to me.”

“Thanks.”

























“Cute, too.”

“I...uh, thanks for that too, I guess?”

“You're welcome.”















“Christ, he'll flirt with anyone.”

“Bit harsh, that.”

“Sorry. I wasn't implying anything about Ellis. I just didn't think he'd be receptive to the idea of Heath's terrible advances.”

“Who would?”

“Haha. I dunno though. Maybe he likes him.”















“That'd be weird, them two together... hope Heath wants to become a parent, because there's no-one  more important to Ellis than his son.”

“Is Ellis...?”

“Oh, definitely. He just hasn't admitted it yet. Believe me, I know him. He's shy, reserved... not the type to go broadcasting it everywhere.”















“He seems like a sweetheart. How the hell is Tate your father, again?”

“Terrible luck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment