Sunday 23 July 2017

Fuck Tate’s orders


“Hey, you're Vincent, right?”

“Yeah... hi, Julius.”

“We're cousins. I'm not meant to talk to you but I don't really care what my dad tells me to do.”


“Oh, right... You were in the class in the year below, weren't you?”

“Yeah, but I got moved up. I'm clever.”

“Cool.”


“So. If we're cousins, our dads are brothers. But they don't get along.”

“I know they don't... that's why I've never met you.”

“I know the triplets visit your house sometimes. They're not meant to, but I guess they don't care what Dad says either.”


“I don't know anyone who likes Uncle Tate. Ellis and Saraya and Aria and Charon all call him names.”

“Mum calls him names too when he's not around. Everyone says mums and dads are meant to be happy together, but they're not.”


“I don't have a mum... Charon has two dads though, and they're happy. They even kiss.”

“Two dads. I'm glad I don't have two dads, I don't even want one, really. Hey, you know what he said about your dad?”

“No?”


“He said he was a loser. And an alcoholic.”

“He's not a loser, and I don't know what an alcoholic is.”

“Me neither.”


“...Anyway, that's okay, because my dad said your dad is an arse.”

“Well, I guess he is.”

“...Oh. Right.”

Riiiiing!


“That's the bell. I'll talk to you later, Vincent! Is it Vincent? Vinny? Vince?”

“Just Vincent. Or Vin. You're just Julius, then?”

“Yeah. Alright, Vin! See ya!”


“...you know, I'm glad to be rid of her, to be honest. She's been useless for ages, and I don't want someone who won't love my family as I do. But damn it, I'm upset.”

“Of course you are. It hurts, I know. I've been there. You did the right thing though, even if I am biased.”

“You're not the one making ultimatums. See, that's the thing. If you're gonna demand someone chooses, you'd better be fucking sure they'll pick you.”

“I'm sorry, Heath.”


“Me too. But really, there's no comparison. Bitch mum who's insulting my partner and kid, or the person who's done nothing wrong? Of course I'm going for you. You're lovely. And I can't wait 'til Nix is born.”

“I love you, come here.”

“I love you too.”


“Hey, good news- oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.”

“Nah, it's okay. What's the news?”


“Logan and I found the perfect place, and we're gonna go for it!”

“Awesome.”


“Hey, that's great! Aww, I'm going to miss you.”

“You too. Unless that was your plan all along. Get me and Aria out, have the house all to yourself.”

“Oh, you got me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment