Saturday 22 July 2017

Poison pen friends


“But yeah, we've been thinking about it and we've decided to look for a house together!”

“So I won't see you around here so often? Damn, I'll miss our awkward morning-after chats.”

“...Dude, that implies a) we're the ones sleeping together and b) you actually get up before 12PM.”

“Hey, I do! When I have work, anyway.”


“Oh, you. Anyway, I'm sure we'll visit often.”

“Sweet. You and Saraya are pretty loved up then, although that's nothing new.”

“Nope. Still, what about you and Ellis? You're having a kid together! I didn't picture you doing that anytime soon, man.”

“Me neither, but it's funny how things work out. Just think, one day we'll be brothers in law!”

“Oh shit, we will. Looks like I'll never get rid of you.”



“Nope! We'll still be together in the old folk's home. I'm like an old penny that keeps turning up.”

“A bad penny, you mean.”

“Yup. So anyway, I'm finally going to tell my parents about the baby.”

“They still don't know? Well, good luck.”


“Cheers. I just thought, since they don't really like Ellis and all, that they'll be mad... But if they are, let them be. They just won't be a part of her life. I want her as happy as possible, surrounded by people who love her.”

“Oh, Heath, for once, that was touching.”

“See, I'm not all bad.”



“Julius, darling, come here for a minute, will you?”

“What is it, mum?”

“Well, your dad's been talking to the school and they're going to move you up a year!”

“Really?”


“Yes! It's because you're such a clever boy. Come here for a hug.”

“Fiiiiiine.”


“You'll be on your best behaviour, won't you?”

“Of course I will. I'm always good.”


“...Uh, no you're not. You're a little shi-”

“Okay, Tristan! Actually, could you do me a favour and get the mail? Oh, great! Thanks, you're a star!”

“...oh, alright.”


“Anyway, sweetie, you're going to be in the same class as your cousin Vincent.”

“I've never even met my cousin Vincent.”

“No, I'm afraid your dad and uncle don't get along... And because of that maybe you should play with the other kids instead of him.”


“Is that an order, mum?”

“From your dad, yes.”

“Okay then.”


“Flyers, takeaway menus, nothing interesting here... oh, there's a letter for Father.”


“Father? This came for you in the mail.”

“Thank you, Tristan.”



“Oh fucking hell...”

No comments:

Post a Comment