Monday 31 July 2017

Sweet sixteenth



“This has been a great birthday, Dad. Thanks for everything! I can't believe you had time to organise it, being so busy with Nix and all.”

“It's no problem. It's your sixteenth; it's a special one! I'm only sorry it couldn't be bigger or flashier.”

“No, it's perfect! Especially the telescope.”

“Don't be using it to summon more of you, please. My body's still not recovered from last time, especially because I'm still breastfeeding.”

“Hah, I won't. Only thing is, it's a shame the triplets can't be here. They haven't even met Nix yet.”



“Have them come over! In secret, obviously. Don't want His Royal Douchiness to find out.”

“Yeah, I reckon I will.”



“Alright, that's the last of the food done. So... Tate's said no to Carmella being a bridesmaid. That means we're going to have to find another way to do it.”

“God, he always has to wreck things by being... well, Tate. He won't put a stop to it though. As you said, Raya, we'll get her there.”

“I wonder if Roxxi would help...”

“You think?”

“I know she covers for the triplets sometimes when they're over here. We always got along okay. I kinda fobbed her off before and I feel bad about it. I mean, imagine being her.”



“Urgh, sharing a bed with him. You know what, I'm not gonna think about it, it's gross.”

“Exactly. She's had his bullshit for over sixteen years now. She may have agreed to a sham marriage but she didn't sign up for having to put up with the worst person in the world.”

“...Poor woman. Now I feel bad. I wasn't always nice to her...”

“I'm gonna go over and ask, anyway. She might agree to having the kids come to the wedding. And in return, I wanna support her.”



“Tell her to leave.”

“Yeah, but we all know what happened to the last woman who tried that...”



“Why've you brought me here, Father?”

“It's one last present that I've organised. Open the letter.”



“...A contract?”

“Look at what it's for.”

“CEO?! You've bought me the company?!”

“Yes. It just requires your signature now, and it's all yours.”



“Oh my God... thank you so much, you're the best father ever!”

“You're welcome, son.”

No comments:

Post a Comment